Many of you have asked “What was Disney planning after Finding Dory?” “What were the two unannounced Play Sets?” “What was Disney Infinity 4.0 going to be?”
Well thanks to an article by Patrick Klepek over at Kotaku, we now have some insight.
… and buckle up, as this is going to make the cancellation even worse.
First off, please be sure to read the whole article, as it’s really well put together, but here are the highlights.
- Ninja Theory was working on a Star Wars: Rogue One Play Set to release this fall
- Studio Gobo was working on the Moana Play Set
- 12 Inch figures were coming.
- Including: Buzz Lightyear, Elsa, Hulk, Hulkbuster, Jack Skellington, and Darth Vader
- Priced at $45, and they would have “acted differently” in-game, lit up, and have more detail
- 2017 would have seen the release of Disney Infinity 4.0
- Content would have been taken from properties such as: Cars 3, Star Wars VIII, Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man Tell No Tales, Coco, Guardians of the Galaxy 2, and Thor: Ragnarok
- They would have dropped the “number scheme” (perhaps be just called “Disney Infinity”)
- There would finally be a “Toy Box Story Mode” where you could play an entire story with any character you’d wish
- Hasbro was approached, and perhaps even working on a deal, to help design the figures.
Essentially, everything Disney Infinity fans have been asking for.
Finally we would have gotten our precious story mode featuring cross overs from any universe. Lots more content, and to satisfy collectors, a new line of 12 inch figures?!
This doesn’t make things any easier.--------------
Have you followed me on Facebook, Twitter, or YouTube yet? I’ll keep you up to speed on all the latest Disney Infinity news!
Don’t forget to come hang out and discuss all things Disney Infinity with thousands of other Disney Infinity Fans at DisneyInfinityFans.com!
Be sure to check out my weekly podcast, The Toys For Games ‘Cast. Talk all things in ‘Toys To Life’ genre!