Ever since the announcement of the Disney Infinity Light FX figures, I’ve been fascinated with how they work.
Were they going to be a “light pass through”? Battery powered? Conductive charging?
Finally got my hands on the Light FX figures, so my brother-in-law decided to take one apart… and obviously had to get it to glow independently of the base!
Check out the video below to catch some of the information (NOTE: I do not go into detail with exactly “how” we did it, as I’m not 100% certain what we did is fire safe, so don’t want to put that on anyone! But I know other people will come out with some great tutorials as well)
Here are some photos of the circuit board as well…
If you are interested in picking up the Light FX figures for Disney Infinity, you can pick them up at the following retailers on these days.
December 1st (AKA: Out now!)
- Anakin Skywalker (available exclusively at Best Buy)
- Obi-Wan (available exclusively at GameStop)
- Yoda (available exclusively at Target)
- Darth Vader (available exclusively at Toys ‘R’ Us)
- Luke Skywalker (available exclusive at Walmart)
- NOTE: as of this posting, shipping is showing you getting the figure before the 15th. But wouldn’t be shocked if that changed.
— Infinity Inquirer (@InfinityInq) December 1, 2015
Have you followed me on Facebook, Twitter, or YouTube yet? I’ll keep you up to speed on all the latest Disney Infinity news!
Don’t forget to come hang out and discuss all things Disney Infinity with thousands of other Disney Infinity Fans at DisneyInfinityFans.com!
Be sure to check out my weekly podcast, The Toys For Games ‘Cast. Talk all things in ‘Toys To Life’ genre!